Cowls: the "other" scarf

 Years ago I started weaving scarves that were infinity-ish.  Not super long so they wouldn't be bulky.  Then I realized that bulky scarves don't always tuck well.  They also are not the most easily worn accessory.  

Enter, the cowl.  These scarves are sewn together, instead of having a fringe.  They are a circle scarf that easily fits over the head and sits around the neck to offer warmth and fashion.  

I've made plad type ones with various yarns in my stash (aka stashbuster cowls) and this summer I'm weaving up some rainbow/black combos.  They are designed to be gender neutral, meaning for all!

Here is a sampling of ones I've got at Kings Landing this summer.

PINK: assorted yarns including mohair, wool, acrylic

GREEN: assorted yarns in wool and acrylic

RAINBOW: rainbow and black wool




These next two are the ones I currently have in stock:

Cotton and cotton chenille.  
Soft, easy to wash and dry and did I say soft?!
$30

This one is knit.  
Narrower than the woven ones, it's easy to wear year round.
It's lovely soft - merino wool!
$30


These cowls were an idea I had when I got to have my grammy's yarn stash after she died.  I wanted to make something for my aunts to have from it, but it was full of small amounts of all the yarn.  This is a photo of my aunts and me wearing our Grammy Price cowls.  


As always, my in stock items can be purchased directly from me.  I'm in the Saint John area.  Reach out in a message through my Facebook page:  Sarah McIntyre Textiles




Comments

Popular Posts